Elk River Arts & Lectures is a nonprofit organization devoted to promoting the literary arts in Park County, Montana. We have a hard-working board of trustees that implements a diverse and growing series of programs. We are seeking a part-time executive director who can support these programs, and expand the role into a long-term, full-time position.
1. Promote ERAL mission: “Elk River Arts & Lectures cultivates and celebrates Livingston’s literary legacy by bringing world-class authors to interact with students, artists and the public through classroom experiences and public lectures.” To that end, the director will act as the organization’s spokesperson, and attend relevant community meetings.
2. Ensure implementation of ERAL programming by communicating regularly with program coordinators in the following areas: Lecture Series, Poetry in the Classroom, Storytelling Night, Writers Workshop, and Visiting Writers Program, as well as any future programs. Provide support for program coordinators when needed.
3. Take the lead on current fundraising efforts that include applying for and reporting on grants from Humanities Montana and the Park County Community Foundation; implementing ERAL’s annual workshop auction; and coordinating ERAL’s participation in the HOOT community-wide fundraiser.
4. Explore new ways to raise funds.
5. Seek out and promote efforts to partner on programming with other Park County entities as appropriate, with the goals of broadening our audience and sharing costs.
6. Coordinate annual board meeting, collaborate with treasurer on annual and project budgets, and other board activities as needed.
At present the job would consist of 10 hours a week @ $1,250/month. Responsibilities, hours and benefits are expected to increase as director develops additional funding resources.
Candidates should have excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Nonprofit, leadership, and grant-writing experiences are highly desirable.
Applicants should use this link to submit a cover letter, CV and references by Friday, Nov. 5, 2021.
PO Box 2212
Livingston, MT 59047